Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Awareness

In this asana I feel pretty relaxed. At first I felt pretty tensed and stressed out because I was afraid that I would just fall on my head or lean to one side and fall to the floor. I attempted the asana many times and could never quite get my feet off of the ground. I finally came to a point where I could get my feet off of the ground for a split second. Even though it was only for a split second, I suddenly felt relief and confident in myself. Before I was able to do that, I basically began doubting myself because I kept trying and trying, but I just couldn't get my feet off the ground. During that time where I was able to lift my feet for a split second, my mom was on the side cheering me on. She encouraged me that I would be able to do it and to try my best. She helped motivate me to have an attitude of "I can do this!" and "I will try my best no matter what." Doing this asana now, even if I'm only able to hold it for a split second, in that split second I feel relaxed because during the steps of getting into the asana, I am able to just breathe in and out. I'm able to just concentrate on what I'm doing instead of everything that's going around in my surroundings or in my life. This asana helps me to focus back into my inner self.

No comments:

Post a Comment